A client PRU based in Cardiff is looking for KS3 Teacher to join them from September 2019. The school provides flexible learning for permanently excluded students and/or those at risk of exclusion aged 11-14. The focus of the work at key stage 3 is the re-engagement of students with learning and positive behaviour; and the reintegration of learners back into a mainstream setting.The school provides a broad and varied curriculum in a safe and nurturing environment; with key characteristics being:
- High quality teaching and learning in line with mainstream schools
- Positive behaviour and restorative approaches, enabling students to manage their behaviour
- Multi agency and therapeutic interventions to meet additional needs
- Robust outreach support for students reintegrated to mainstream
The Head teacher is currently seeking to appoint a Teacher with a specialism in Maths, English or Science to join the team from September 2019. As a subject specialist you will be planning and delivering practical lessons to small groups of students who have Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties. Your main objectives are to promote participation, teamwork and positivety whilst developing individual skill, game play and knowledge. You will also encourage healthy eating and lifestyle.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To possess Qualified Teacher Status (or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching students with SEBD and/or additional needs
- A positive and nurturing approach to teaching
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- The ability to adapt lessons and be creative
- To work cooperatively with others (TAs and outside agencies) This is a rare opportunity to work in a niche field of education where the student comes first.
If you feel you have any of the skills shown above please feel free to get in touch with Matt our SEN specialist, we would love to hear from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.