Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in key therapeutic areas. Our focus is in neuroscience, including sleep medicine and movement disorders, and in oncology, including hematologic and solid tumors. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecule advancements, biologics and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in more than 90 countries.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Reporting to the MSL Manager, the Medical Science Liaison is responsible for the implementation of the local affiliates' Medical Plan and tactics that support the successful commercialization of in-market and future Jazz Pharma products.
This is a field-based, non-promotional role which includes a mix of remote, virtual and in-person (face-to-face) working.
The incumbent will be the medical and scientific expert for the therapy area. The main areas of responsibility include responding reactively to unsolicited requests for information from healthcare professionals, building collaborative relationships with opinion leaders and facilitating the exchange of unbiased scientific information between the medical community and the company through best in class medical education.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to GCP, ABPI, IFPMA and local regulations as well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
Provision of Medical Information
- Provides high quality, balanced and scientific Medical Information to both internal and external customers on request and in a timely manner
- Delivers best in class, scientific, educational meetings executed in accordance with Jazz and local regulatory and legal frameworks
- Provides scientific information to ensure appropriate positioning of Jazz Pharmaceuticals medicines within relevant national and local protocols, guidelines and formularies in order to ensure appropriate access
Positions self as Scientific Expert
- Maintains an up to date and high level knowledge of the therapy area and Jazz products
- Supports development of Jazz Pharmaceuticals positioning as the scientific authority on oncology
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments and to support Regional and National KOL activities
- Provides Medical guidance and governance for all Jazz Pharmaceuticals therapeutic areas
- Acquires a broad understanding of local and national protocols of clinical practice
Supports company-sponsored and Investigator Initiated Research
- Supports the local implementation of Jazz Pharmaceuticals sponsored studies and projects.
- Responds to requests for Investigator Initiated Research grants in accordance with Jazz standard operating procedures
- Supports the submission and review of Investigator Initiated Research proposals
- Ensures support of the life cycle management of all products
Develop External Relationships
- Develop influential relationships with National and Local Key Opinion Leaders, leading to a productive two-way exchange of scientific information and opinion.
- Supports national KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information
- Develop and maintain a national and regional database of key strategic contacts for each relevant product and disease area
Medical Affairs Planning
- Contributes to the development of country Medical Plan and provides input into local strategies and tactics
- Manages relevant budget to enable execution of Medical Plan
- Works in a collaborative manner with cross-functional colleagues to ensure a Key Account Management approach
Responsible for maintaining minimum Company standards
- Adhere to the relevant national and local Codes of Practice
- Behaves ethically and with integrity at all times
- Act as an ambassador for Jazz Pharmaceuticals following company mission and values
- Keep own written development plan and implement
- Prepare timely reporting according to the company needs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to critically analyse complex data
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong inter-personal relationship building skills/collaboration and teamwork
- Knowledge of specialty Haematology and Oncology market in the UK
- Excellent command of spoken English
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Scientific Graduate with a higher qualification e.g. PhD, Pharm D, MSc etc.)
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of "normal" hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.