Opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established R&D team designing bespoke solutions for manufacturer of market leading electro-mechanical devices as they strengthen their team. Working as part of a highly qualified, multi-disciplined R&D team you will an important role ensuring new projects and modifications are delivered on time.
Mechanical Design Engineer - key responsibilities include:
* Develop solutions and drawings for enclosures, assemblies and mechanical components using 3D CAD software.
* Ensure solutions are optimised for manufacture and assembly.
* Generate relevant documentation during all stages of the project
* Develop and analyse testing for prototypes
* Contribute to material selection
* Present concepts and project progress in design & project reviews
It is expected suitable candidates will display the following attributes:
* Qualified to degree level in relevant engineering discipline
* Post graduate experience developing mechanical solutions using 3D parametric software such as Catia, Inventor or SolidWorks
* Developed mechanical solutions from concept to manufacture including DfM, DfA, design reviews and support of NPI
* Understanding of mechanical testing and materials selection including injection moulding, machined components, sheet steel, additive manufacture etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer or graduate engineer to transition across to a growing R&D team with excellent facilities and market leading products