Brownlee Dean are currently recruiting for an Environmental Advisor for a successful Construction Contractor in North Wales.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a Graduate with an Environmental Sciences related Degree to become a crucial member of the HSE Team providing advice, guidance and improvement initiatives across all construction sites nationwide.
Duties will include;
* Liaising with site delivery teams to provide advice, support and training on all aspects of environmental issues affecting the construction site.
* Monitoring energy usage on construction sites and head office and improving information capture with the aim of improving energy performance.
* Completing site inspections and discussing findings and recommendations with project staff.
* Company lead and ambassador for ISO14001 and ensuring compliance with ISO14001, ISO50001 and environmental licenses, permits etc.
* Water pollution prevention on construction sites in particular silt management.
* Developing innovative solutions, e.g. renewable energy systems for site cabins.
* Liaising with environmental specialists, regulator s and client representatives.
* Contributing to written bids for new contracts and awards.
* Advising and assisting with audits and accreditations.
* Design and implementation of company-wide initiatives to improve environmental awareness e.g. minimising waste.
* Providing cost effective waste disposal solutions for the company
* Degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Science or related discipline.
* Competent and comfortable working with Microsoft Office applications.
* Self-motivated, focussed, well-organised and able to work to deadlines.
* Enthusiastic about health & safety and environment al issues.
* Effective at communicating with all levels of the workforce.
* It would be an advantage for the post holder to be a Welsh speaker.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
Salary & Package;
* Competitive starting salary between £21,000-£26,000 DOE
* Company contributing pension scheme
* Travel and subsistence allowances while attending site.
* All training and professional membership fees will be paid for.
* We can offer long term career opportunities where your pay will increase as you gain more experience.
To apply for this role please send your CV or call Jaime on (phone number removed)